We are excited to announce that our PS 316 Holiday Craft Fair will be held Saturday, December 6th from 11am-5pm. We are in full swing planning to make this day a great success.
CALL FOR VENDORS
If you or someone you know is an artisan, crafter or DIYer looking for an outlet to sell your wares, our craft fair is the perfect place. Located at the corner of Classon Avenue and Sterling Place in Crown Heights, PS 316 is situated a block from Washington Avenue and a block from Franklin Avenue. Applications are now available.
Please read the following information before applying
When is the PS316 Crown Heights Craft Fair?
Saturday, December 6, 2014
General admission 11:00am-5:00pm
Set-up for vendors 9:00am-10:30am
Where is the PS316 Crown Heights Craft Fair?
The fair will be at PS 316 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn.
750 Classon Avenue. The entrance is on Sterling Place between Classon and Washington Avenues.
What’s the application process?
We will have two application periods.
Our deadline for Early Application is Friday, November 14, 2014. You must submit either your online application or e-mailed application and photos by midnight of November 14 in order to be eligible for our discounted vendor fee. Acceptance letters for Early Application will go out on Tuesday, November 18.
Our deadline for the General Application is Friday, November 21, 2014. You must submit either your online application or e-mailed application and photos by midnight of November 21 in order to be considered for the craft’s fair. Acceptance letters for General Application will go out on Tuesday, November 25.
Once accepted, we’ll send you payment and deadline information. If, for any reason you are tardy in payment, your spot will be forfeited and given to another artist.
What are the fees and what do they include?
The cost for vendors to participate is $50 for a 6′ table space, assuming you provide your own 6′ table and chairs.
Early Application Discount
Any applicant who applies before Midnight on Friday, November 14, 2014 and is accepted will be given a discounted vendor fee of $45.
PS316 Parent Discount
Any applicant who is currently a PS316 parent or staff member will be given a discounted vendor fee of $40.
Possible Additional Costs
- We will provide you with a 6′ table and 2 chairs for an additional $15.
- We have a limited number of spots with electrical hookups. If you require electricity, please indicate this on your application. We will charge you an additional $5. These spots will be allotted on a first come, first served basis.
Payment may be made by credit card, cash, or check. Once an application has been accepted, we will contact you about how and when to make payment. All payments are nonrefundable.
Registration fees directly benefit after school extracurricular programs at PS316.
- Complimentary breakfast featuring baked goods, fruit, and beverages.
- Flyers and posters to help promote the event
- A two sided color postcard that lists your business and website or contact information
- Advertisement for the event on local parenting blogs, community sites and as many craft blogs as we can manage.
- A link from our site to your site (if appropriate)
How do you pick your vendors?
The Craft Fair is juried — We will review everyone’s completed application and then choose vendors based on a few factors. In addition to quality, uniqueness, and presentation of your wares, we will also be looking to achieve a great diversity of items and price ranges and will therefore take that into consideration as we make our selection of vendors from Brooklyn and beyond.
Is Table Sharing Allowed?
Absolutely, on the following conditions: each vendor must submit their own application and will be juried individually. Assuming both are selected, you’re welcome to share. Please note in application if you are applying together.
All tables will be located within the gymnasium of the school building. Our intent is to utilize the floorspace available to best showcase every vendor’s wares. Decisions on allocation of floorspace will be made in conjunction with vendor selection.
Got a checklist for us?
Absolutely, here’s one to get you ready for the day!
- 6′ table + 2 chairs (unless you indicate otherwise on your application – we can provide at cost). Please note that table displays and table must fit within the allotted 6′ footprint
- Table cover (floor length please)
- Tabletop display items: risers, a mirror, racks, whatever you need to make your goods even more appealing.
- Tools and supplies: tape, twine, stapler, scissors, paper clips, pens, highlighter, calculator, money bag, belt, or box. We’ll have a supply of duct tape just in case (you can never go wrong with duct tape)
- Marketing materials: signage, business cards, price tags, etc.
- Extra supplies to re-stock your table as required
- Refreshments for yourself (we will have food and beverage vendors but we know it can be tough to take a break to get to them!)
- Cashbox and enough bills and coins to make change
- Credit card “knuckle buster” if you plan to accept credit cards, in addition to receipt book (we won’t have wireless or electricity to accommodate immediate credit transactions).
You are responsible for registering your small business with the IRS and collecting sales tax for the items you’re selling. You’ll have to pay income tax on all the items you sold and pay the sales tax to NY State. We recommend you call New York’s Department of Revenue and the IRS for more info.
NY Department of Revenue: 1-800-972-1233 or www.tax.state.ny.us
IRS: 1-800-829-4933 or www.irs.gov
Anything else happening during the day?
In addition to our food and craft vendors, we’ll have a coffee and tea bar selling seasonal foods and drinks, a Santa for the kids to take pictures with, crafts and cartoons for the kids (so the adults can have their own shopping fun) throughout the day, and a raffle featuring handmade arts and crafts by the children of PS316.
Who do I contact with questions?
Contact us at [email protected]. We’ll be sure to get back to you within 48 hours.
Thanks for reading! We look forward to hosting you at our school soon!